Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Whys...

 

 

The reason I started this blog...

 
I thought it might be entertaining, as well as motivating, to chronicle my  journey to becoming a self-published author. Start to The End, and God willing, all over again!
I have a bit of trouble focusing long enough to finish one story, and therefore I have more WIP's than I know what to do with. So, to begin, I will be choosing ONE WIP to finish while you guys "watch". For this experiment I have chosen to complete a piece I have tentatively titled
 
Insignificant.

A rough draft excerpt:

There is no greater proof of ones insignificance than death.

In the moment I died, I did not find the peace that people always talk
about. The only light I saw was the blinding halogen above the trauma
table. No long gone family members came for me. No one beckoned me
forward with open arms and promises of love eternal. No white gossamer
wings and shining halos.

No, when I died, all I felt was fear and anxiety.



This piece was inspired by the feelings I had while walking out of the hospital the night my mom passed away.
 
 




 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment